Solved: I officially licensed my business, created and LLC, bought all my equipment and rented an office, etc. but had no income and wasn't officially open. What can I claim?

I officially licensed my business, created and LLC, bought all my equipment and rented an office, etc. but had no income and wasn't officially open. What can I claim?

Yes, even if you did not generate income from your new business, you may claim the expenses you had this year when you established your business. 

You can claim expenses for rent, equipment, licensing, etc. 

I don't know what product you are using, but I suggest TurboTax Self-Employed. It will walk you through all the possible deductions for your new business.

For more information on common business deductions, follow this link:  

Common Business Expenses for Self Employed Persons