Solved: I marked the "Disposed of business in current year"YES; Turbo tax doesn't walk me thru interview to report the sale of business.

I marked the "Disposed of business in current year"YES; Turbo tax doesn't walk me thru interview to report the sale of business.

I sold small business in 2017.  How/where do I need to enter the profit and loss from sale?

I don't have my program open, but did you have a question about disposing of your business in 2017?  "Current year" may mean 2018.  See if there's another option to report sale of business in 2017.  Then the interview should proceed with questions about how you disposed of your business.
*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***

I’ll try tomorrow,  first thing in the morning, Thanks a lot 🙂

Let me know what you find, ok?  I'll try to take a look later on today, as well.

Is the case number for my question 4344032?

I had the question about disposing of my business in 2017 - and I answered YES; however the interview questions never came up.

same for me today 3/19

@katrinanewman The original poster here found a solution by contacting TurboTax Customer Support.  See the info below for contacting them by telephone during business hours.
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3401489">https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3401489</a>

Yes, I had the question about disposing of the business in 2017 - and I answered YES.  I could not locate another option to report sale of business in 2017 in TurboTax.  The interview never appeared and I am not able to report the details of the sale.

Sorry, @jolsonc, this isn't a chat room.  We (volunteers, TurboTax employees and Tax Pros) just log in to assist users at various times.  I'm a user just like you, not a TT employee.
Are you indicating that you have a case #?  Have you contacted TurboTax Customer Support via telephone about this issue?
My next question:  Did you receive a tax document (1099-S) regarding the sale of your business?

You may want to contact TurboTax Customer Support during business hours for assistance.  To do that, use the information linked below.

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number">https://ttlc.intuit.com...>

Last comment edited to correct link.

Also, make sure your software is updated with the latest update.  To check, see the information below.
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901183-how-do-i-update-turbotax-cd-download">https://ttlc.intuit....>