Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ZFAMZ

I'm a statutory W-2 employee with business expenses as a financial advisor, what version of Turbo tax should I use?

I'm a statutory W-2 employee, what version of Turbo tax should I use?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DMarkM1
Expert Alumni

I'm a statutory W-2 employee with business expenses as a financial advisor, what version of Turbo tax should I use?

Since you have expenses as a statutory employee, the TurboTax self-employed product is what you will need.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DMarkM1
Expert Alumni

Since you have expenses as a statutory employee, the TurboTax self-employed product is what you will need.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

A financial advisor would not be a "Statutory Employee".  Is that box checked on your W-2?  If so, it might be an error.

https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small-businesses-self-employed/statutory-employees

ZFAMZ

Hi AmeliesUncle,

I am statutory--not an error.  Going from 1099 to statutory as an advisor (20+ years in the industry) was a major draw that helped me decide to move to Prudential.

Regards,

Brian

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies