If you delete just the Schedule K-1, it will regenerate if associated worksheets are still in the return. You must also delete all the worksheets too. I would recommend that you go thru the steps below again and "re-delete" your K-1 and the all the worksheets associated with the K-1.
Next, delete your state return and then start a new state return by transferring the new federal information (without the K-1/worksheets) to create the new state return.
*Important: If the form you want to delete has a worksheet then you must also delete the worksheet first and then you delete the form.
The proper way to delete an unwanted K-1 is from the K-1 Summary screen, which also removes the associated worksheets.
- Open (continue) your return in TurboTax, if it's not already open.
- In your TurboTax program, search for K-1 or K1 (you can also use lower-case) and then click the "Jump to" link in the search results
- Answer Yes to Did you receive any Schedules K-1 or Q? (even if the correct answer is "no").
- Click Update next to the type of K-1 you initially entered (partnership/LLC, S corp, or estate/trust).
- On the K-1 Summary screen, click Delete next to the K-1 you want to remove. Answer Yes on the following screen.
- Click Done.
- If necessary, repeat Steps 4–7 for other K-1s you need to remove.
To delete the worksheets follow these instructions:
Here's the general procedure for deleting unwanted forms, schedules, and worksheets in TurboTax Online:
- Open your return in TurboTax.
(To do this, sign in to TurboTax, and click the orange Take me to my return button.)
- In the upper right corner, click My Account > Tools.
- In the pop-up window, select Delete a form.
- Click Delete next to the form/schedule/worksheet and follow the onscreen instructions.
How to delete a state return
I have this same problem. went to delete the state return, but it says I can't per this link!
What should I do now?
More information may help resolve your issue. For example, what version of TurboTax are you using, what error message did you receive from TurboTax, and exactly are you trying to do with a K-1 and/or deleting your state return?
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"