Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have an S Corp. I use 1120S. My S Corp has an investment. That investment paid qualified dividends to the S Corp in 2017. Where do those dividends get reported?

This is a very small S Corp that has been in existence since the late 1980's.  TurboTax seems to think it was originally a C Corp but it has always been an S Corp.  The S Corp invested into some stock.  The stock paid qualified dividends in 2017.  How does that get treated on the 2017 1120s?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I have an S Corp. I use 1120S. My S Corp has an investment. That investment paid qualified dividends to the S Corp in 2017. Where do those dividends get reported?

There's an "Interest and Dividends Income" interview and that interview asks for "Total Dividend Income" and "Qualified Dividend Income".  It doesn't "get treated" at all on the Form 1120S, it's "passed through" to you as such.

Tom Young

View solution in original post

2 Replies

There's an "Interest and Dividends Income" interview and that interview asks for "Total Dividend Income" and "Qualified Dividend Income".  It doesn't "get treated" at all on the Form 1120S, it's "passed through" to you as such.

Tom Young

If you're in Forms View,  Page 3, Schedule K, Line 5

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies