The S Corporation should have provided you with a Schedule K-1. The Schedule K-1 is entered on your personal tax return, Form 1040.
To enter a Schedule K-1
- Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home and Business)
- Click on Wages and Income (Personal Income using Home and Business)
- Click on I'll choose what I work on (if shown)
- Scroll down to Business Items (Business Investment and Estate/Trust Income using Home and Business)
- On Schedule K-1, click on the start or update button
Or enter k-1 in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen. Click on Jump to k-1
Note that in order to deduct your S Corp loss, you must have "basis". See the Basis Limitations section of the Instructions for Form 1120S Schedule K-1 at this link and the IRS website on S Corporation Stock and Debt Basis at this link for guidance on calculating your shareholder stock and debt basis.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"