turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have a single owner S corp in the State of Florida. Turbo tax is telling me that based on my info I need to file a state tax form. Do I? not a c corp.

My S corp was never a C corp and I don't pay taxes on the S Corp. Do I need to file a florida state tax form? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I have a single owner S corp in the State of Florida. Turbo tax is telling me that based on my info I need to file a state tax form. Do I? not a c corp.

Only S corporations that pay federal income tax on Line 22c of Federal Form 1120-S are required to file a Florida Corporate Income Tax Return. 

See http://floridarevenue.com/taxes/taxesfees/Pages/corporate.aspx

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Only S corporations that pay federal income tax on Line 22c of Federal Form 1120-S are required to file a Florida Corporate Income Tax Return. 

See http://floridarevenue.com/taxes/taxesfees/Pages/corporate.aspx

DanielV01
Expert Alumni

If your S Corp is registered as an LLC, Florida does have a filing requirement for the LLC registration.  You also could have a Personal Property Tax return if the business assets (not including real estate) are greater than 25,000.  Florida does not have an income tax, but these two returns may be required of your S Corp.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies