Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

JRR10

I have a section 179 carrover on form 4562 line 13 because of a net operating loss. Can i use 100% of the carryover for a deduction on next years income tax and how?

Will turbo tax see the section 179 carryover when I import my 2018 tax to 2019 automatically? Where will the carryover deduction show up in turbo tax? Will there be any limitations assuming my business has a large net profit?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MarilynG
Expert Alumni

I have a section 179 carrover on form 4562 line 13 because of a net operating loss. Can i use 100% of the carryover for a deduction on next years income tax and how?

Yes, TurboTax will see the Section 179 Carryover Loss when you import your 2018 tax to 2019.  

You will be able to take the entire loss, whether you have a business net profit or not.

Here's more detailed info:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5820187

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MarilynG
Expert Alumni

Yes, TurboTax will see the Section 179 Carryover Loss when you import your 2018 tax to 2019.  

You will be able to take the entire loss, whether you have a business net profit or not.

Here's more detailed info:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5820187

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just discovered that I accidentally overrode settings last year and my line 13 is blank even though I had carryover. Should I file an amended 2018 return for 4562 to correct. Or just file this years taxes with the right info?

pixygypsy

Did anyone ever get back to you on this?? I've had to file an extension for 2019 and concerned I need to amend 2018 as well. My line 13 from 2018 is blank but should have had a carryover.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies