turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have a number of 296 in box 14 (Other) with a code of impinc next to it. What is that, and what do I do with it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
DianeW
Expert Alumni

I have a number of 296 in box 14 (Other) with a code of impinc next to it. What is that, and what do I do with it?

It appears this is imputed income as explained below.

• Imputed income is the value of a service or benefit provided by employers to employees, which must be treated as income.  Because it is considered taxable income, then the employer should have included this in box 1, Gross Wages (Form W2) already. 

You can confirm this with your employer if you like, but you shouldn't have to do anything special with your tax return except to add the W2 as you normally would. Enter your box 14 amount and move forward.

johncnote

this says NOTHING about what to select in category !!!

You can chose Other as a category for Box 14 entries. In most cases, the information that your employer lists in Box 14 of your W-2 does not affect your income tax return. In fact, for many Box 14 entries, the IRS does not even provide a place for it to get reported on your return forms. They are reported to you in Box 14 simply for informational purposes. 

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies