turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I got my first stimulus no problem but still have not received second stimulus. None of my information has changed

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies
Mia29
Returning Member

I got my first stimulus no problem but still have not received second stimulus. None of my information has changed

Im going through the same exact thing.... last time i got it with no problems and nothing has changed... i checked the IRS page and when i put my info in. its says something of the lines no status update. i checked my emails this morning and i received and email from turbo stating that the IRS made an error and sent money to the wrong accounts...😡 how this happened makes no sense because the IRS had account number from the last deposit. IRS talked them selves up saying how smooth it will be this time around and how everyone will get it faster. well they made more then just and error honestly. The email from turbo said it should be fixed in a few days and we should get are money deposit. Im just going to say this much Turbo better be right about them fixing it and us getting are money soon or ill be outrage. if i have to claim this on taxes i will not be happy at ALL. because that means we wont receive it for months. They need to wake up and fix this problem ASAP.  Its already shame that everyone had to wait this long to even get the stimulus passed. and now this.  

I am having the same issue. I just spoke with an IRS representative after waiting on hold for 2 hours. She was nice but no help. She had to keep putting me on hold to ask questions and then the phone call disconnected. So upsetting:( I am getting the status of unavailable when I check payment updates and from what I've heard that if you see this, you will have to wait until you file. The rep did tell me that some people who have received this message have received their money but she put me on hold to confirm and it hung up. I have filed with Turbo tax for many years and have had the same bank account information for many years as well. I did move in 2019 so I don't know if that is an issue but why did I get  my first payment.  I also received the email from Turbo tax that they are trying to fix the errors but how do we know if and what the error is or if we just so happen to be the ones that were picked to wait!! So not fair:(

DanielV01
Expert Alumni

TurboTax customers who paid for their tax return through their refund have experienced a delay in processing due to an IRS processing error.  However, please note the following update regarding this: 

We are happy to share that stimulus payments will begin to be deposited on January 8th for millions of our customers affected by the IRS error.  We expect most of these payments to be available that day, but banks could take a few business days to process. Payment will be deposited into the same bank account that customers received their 2019 tax refund.

Customers receiving a stimulus payment will receive an email from TurboTax letting them know their stimulus payment is on the way.We have been working tirelessly with the Treasury and IRS to get stimulus payments to our customers.  We know how important these funds are for so many Americans and we regret that an IRS error caused a delay.

Please note the following page for additional information:  Why Haven’t I Received My Second Stimulus Check?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I did not pay for my tax return through my refund.

DanielV01
Expert Alumni

@abster77  We have received the following general announcement:  

We are happy to share that stimulus payments will begin to be deposited on January 8th for millions of our customers affected by the IRS error.  We expect most of these payments to be available that day, but banks could take a few business days to process. Payment will be deposited into the same bank account that customers received their 2019 tax refund.

Customers receiving a stimulus payment will receive an email from TurboTax letting them know their stimulus payment is on the way.  We have been working tirelessly with the Treasury and IRS to get stimulus payments to our customers.  We know how important these funds are for so many Americans and we regret that an IRS error caused a delay.

Please note the following page for additional information:  Why Haven’t I Received My Second Stimulus Check?

Having said this, in this forum we are unable to address any taxpayer's specific status in this regard.  In a worst-case scenario in which the stimulus payment cannot be automatically direct deposited, and it is not possible for the IRS to mail a check or a debit card, then those taxpayers will still be able to claim the Economic Rebate Credit as part of their tax return in 2020.  However, the most likely result is that TurboTax has resolved this with the IRS and clients will see their deposits very soon.

So as long as u get an email that says your payment is on the way then we are getting our payment through turbo tax then? 

DanielV01
Expert Alumni

The payment comes from the IRS.  Many feel that the payment is coming from TurboTax because their TurboTax fees were paid with their 2019 refund.  While that is a product that TurboTax uses for customer convenience, TurboTax does not actually administer that product.  Another bank does.  However, TurboTax realizes the association and how it affects our customers, so we are only too happy to work with the IRS to get this resolved.  

Yes I know the payment is coming from the irs... What I meant was if turbotax sent us an email stating that our stimulus is on its way then we are more than likely getting the stimulus money deposited soon? 

Thats what I would like to know also!

DanielV01
Expert Alumni

I am re-posting the announcement, and please note what I italicized about deposits:  

Please note the following update: 

We are happy to share that stimulus payments will begin to be deposited on January 8th for millions of our customers affected by the IRS error.  We expect most of these payments to be available that day, but banks could take a few business days to process. Payment will be deposited into the same bank account that customers received their 2019 tax refund.

Customers receiving a stimulus payment will receive an email from TurboTax letting them know their stimulus payment is on the way.  We have been working tirelessly with the Treasury and IRS to get stimulus payments to our customers.  We know how important these funds are for so many Americans and we regret that an IRS error caused a delay.

Please note the following page for additional information:  Why Haven’t I Received My Second Stimulus Check?

We are unable to provide specific information for a taxpayer's stimulus status in this forum, however.  In a worst-case scenario where the stimulus payment cannot be received, it would be necessary to claim it as part of the 2020 tax filing and increase the refund.  But the vast majority should be able to have their stimulus provided by direct deposit, check, or debit card.

DanielV01
Expert Alumni

I hope that information is helpful to you.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies