Mia29
Returning Member

Business & farm

Im going through the same exact thing.... last time i got it with no problems and nothing has changed... i checked the IRS page and when i put my info in. its says something of the lines no status update. i checked my emails this morning and i received and email from turbo stating that the IRS made an error and sent money to the wrong accounts...😡 how this happened makes no sense because the IRS had account number from the last deposit. IRS talked them selves up saying how smooth it will be this time around and how everyone will get it faster. well they made more then just and error honestly. The email from turbo said it should be fixed in a few days and we should get are money deposit. Im just going to say this much Turbo better be right about them fixing it and us getting are money soon or ill be outrage. if i have to claim this on taxes i will not be happy at ALL. because that means we wont receive it for months. They need to wake up and fix this problem ASAP.  Its already shame that everyone had to wait this long to even get the stimulus passed. and now this.