Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I don't know what the highest efficiency tier is that has been established by the CEE as in effect on January 1, 2009. Can anyone help?

I bought a 16 SEER Trane air conditioner system.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

I don't know what the highest efficiency tier is that has been established by the CEE as in effect on January 1, 2009. Can anyone help?

If you are asking about 2009, see this 2009 CEE link. It is too late, however, to include this on a 2009 tax return. For 2021:

You can't claim Energy Star appliances or water-saving improvements like low-flow toilets, low-flow shower heads, or xeriscaping on your federal return. However, many state and local governments and utility companies offer incentives or rebates for energy- or water-saving home improvements. An online search will reveal what your state has to offer (for example, you might search for Arizona toilet rebate or California water-saving incentives).

Under the Residential Energy Efficient Property Credit, you can get a federal tax credit for installing alternative energy equipment, such as solar electric property, solar water heaters, geothermal heat pumps, small wind turbines, and fuel cell property.

If you made energy-efficient improvements to your home like energy-saving roofs, windows, skylights, and doors, you'll be able to claim the Nonbusiness Energy Property Credit for 10% of amounts paid for qualified energy efficiency improvements, up to a lifetime cap of $500 or fixed dollar amounts ranging from $50 to $300 for energy-efficient property, including furnaces, boilers, biomass stoves, heat pumps, water heaters, central air conditioners, and circulating fans.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies