Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I am trying to enter in a farm asset. it asks if "I purchased this asset NEW" does this mean new to me, new asset for me, brand new tractor?

I believe that's correct, your neighbor (the fence builder) should claim FMV of the three bartered heifers as income. Not you. I doubt barter income is claimed very often though, unless you were to issue a 1099-misc reporting the trade. In that case, you should have issued it by January 31, 2017. It's hard to conform to all the regulations and expectations put on businesses~~~~~~even when you try.
ams3261

I am trying to enter in a farm asset. it asks if "I purchased this asset NEW" does this mean new to me, new asset for me, brand new tractor?

Yes I agree, I was just saying yesterday that if ever audited hope they can see that I tried 🙂 Thank you for all of the great advice and support!

You are welcome
NancyG

No, it means never used before. Did you purchase a new to you "used" tractor or a "brand new" one?

ams3261

we bought a used tractor
ams3261

can i ask another question?

Surely-----
ams3261

I bought 38 head of cattle that i have listed as asset for depreciation. Unfortunately I lost 5 to death. How do I list the loss? Under "cost of items bought for resale" under Farm Income?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies