jennisue

I am trying to delete form Sch SE_T. it says deleted, but then it is still there

My husband gets a housing allowance for clergy. we have to pay self employment tax on it. Apparantly, due to Covid we can defer half of it, and pay later. I don't want to do that. However, when I try to file, I keep getting a pop up that says I need to fill out this form, Sch SE-T. I do not want to defer, so i tried deleting the form, it says deleted, but then when I go back to my forms, it is still there and I can continue filiing without filing it out..please help:)
gloriah5200

Yes, please do complete the Schedule SE-T.

The Schedule SE-T is  the schedule that calculates the self-employment tax for the "taxpayer" (1st taxpayer listed on the return) on his clergy income and housing allowance. It is linked to the clergy income subject to self-employment tax which is why you are unable to delete it.

The T following the schedule name is for the owner of the form, your husband the taxpayer.

It is not a part of deferring self-employment tax, but instead, calculating it.

Please do fill it out.

Schedule SE is where your self-employment tax is calculated. Clergy should have a W-2 that has wages in box 1 and boxes 2 through 6 are blank. If your W-2 does not look like that, you will need to apply special procedures in TurboTax. Clergy may also have a housing allowance that does not count as taxable wages but is subject to self-employment tax. Because clergy do not pay Social Security tax, their wages also are subject to self-employment tax. This is calculated on schedule SE. This calculates the self-employment tax on both the wages and the housing allowance. It has nothing to do with deferring half the tax and paying it later.