turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

apachejwr

I am a single member LLC taxed as an S- Corp. Must I file a form 941 as I am the only employee?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am a single member LLC taxed as an S- Corp. Must I file a form 941 as I am the only employee?

if you indicated when file the papers for an EIN and indicated no wages would be paid, then if no wages were paid, no 941 and related forms are required to be filed. if yes, then you must file even if all the line are $0.   There may also be state payroll tax return filings.      The trouble with an S-Corp is that officers/employees are require to take reasonable compensation for the work they do.   sometimes this can be skipped the first few years if there are losses.  If your Scorp has substantial taxable income and you aren't taking any wages, sooner or later you can expect an IRS audit.

you really need to seek the advice of a tax professional, there is nothing etch in stone about comp for working S Corp officers.  Even the tax courts disagree on what is reasonable comp    

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies