How to enter information from Schedule K 1 form 1065, when box 1, ordinary business income and 2, rental income are checked. How do I allocate entries in box 5 thru 20?

TurboTax handles this as if they were two separate K-1s.  Please note the following instructions, which you will have to repeat for each type of income.  In boxes 5 through 20 (and especially box 20, which determines QBI), you can allocate the numbers to the specific activity that generates the amount.  For instance, both box 1 and box 2 should add up to the Box 20 code Z amount, but you will allocate each one's amount on the K-1 entry screens in order to make sure the QBI calculation is correctly done for each activity.  Please note the following:

1. Under Wages and Income, scroll down to the Subheading Business Income, and select K-1 (Partnership K-1) .  
  2. On the screen Choose Type of Activity select whether it is Business Income or Rental Real Estate, (if business income, answer questions regarding your stock ownership and Material Participation, if rental real estate, answer the appropriate questions about being a Real Estate Professional, Active Participation, and Special Handling.)  It is also important that the income amounts themselves be reported in Box 1 or Box 2, depending on if it is Business Income or Rental Income. (You will do one of the activities first, start a "new" K-1, and repeat the process for the other business activity
  3. On the screen Check Boxes That Have an Amount, you should select Box 20 info.  (Allocate remaining boxes to the appropriate activity.  There could be many or very few codes, 
  4. You should see codes Z and possibly AA, AB, and AC  on the K-1 .  This information must be entered from the information on the K-1 for QBI to calculate).  Allocate the amounts in these boxes to their specific activity.  For instance, if box one says 20,000 and box 2 says 10,000, and code Z says 30,000, then code Z on the income K-1 will be 20,000 and the code Z on the rental K-1 will be 10,000. 
  5. Select any that apply on the screen Other Situations, and any information to the question Did this business receive qualified payments from a cooperative.
  6. Answer the question about anticipated income on the next screen, We're almost done.  If anticipated income is below the threshold, QBI will calculate after that screen.  If above, you will provide additional information, and QBI will calculate according to the final results of the calculations.

You may find the following FAQ helpful:  https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/7036528

What if my K1 statement does not provide any information about how to allocate all the boxes between the ordinary business income and rental income?  What do I do in TurboTax?  Do I enter all the same information twice?  Or just enter it the first time for ordinary business income but leave it blank for rental income?

DanielV01, Thank you for clarifying the way to enter K-1 with multiple boxes among 1,2,3 are filled in.  Great information.

I had box1 and box2 with numbers filled in.  Hence, I chose to fill in two K-1 entries a described by Daniel. 

For the first K1 entry representing box 1, on the screen with title "We need some information about your 199A Income", I chose the first check box (business income) and filled in "Ordinary Business Income" box. 

For the second K1 entry to represent box 2, on the screen with title "We need some information about your 199A Income", I chose the first check box (business income) again and filled in "Rental Income" box. 

If you can't deduce the "split" between ordinary income and rental income on the Section 199A statement you received with your K-1, you'll need to contact the K-1 preparer for that "split". 

For example, if the total amount of Section 199A income on that Section 199A Statement is equal to box 1 plus box 2, you can deduce that the Section 199A income for the separate K-1s is equal to the box 1 amount for one K-1 and the box 2 amount for the other.  Or, if the Section 199A income is exactly equal to box 1 or box 2, you can assume that the 199A income is for that box.

Otherwise, you'll need to get that information from the K-1 preparer.

@davidny