turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How to Edit Description Boxes on Aggregation of Business Operations Schedule B Form 8995-A

As I was doing my taxes this year, the Aggregation worksheet popped up at some point, and not fully understanding it, it asked me to

1. Provide a description of the aggregated trade or business ...

2. Has this trade or business aggregation changed ...

Not understanding the form at that point, the description I put in for the business is not accurate. When I realized this, I tried to edit the form directly via override - because I could not locate the trigger that prompted the form. TT won't accept the override, as it says it has "errors" ... but the override is just a description not numbers. How can I change this description in TT without creating errors? Thanks

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

How to Edit Description Boxes on Aggregation of Business Operations Schedule B Form 8995-A

Delete Form 8995 for the QBI (Qualified Business Income Deduction) from your return.

EDIT your Schedule B entry, to see if it repopulates Form 8995 properly. 

This deduction normally applies to Schedule E Rental Income or Schedule C Business Income.

If you have a Schedule B for Interest and/or Dividends, this may not apply to you. 

Click this link for more info on the QBI Deduction. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@MarilynG1 

Thanks, but this didn't seem to work ...

I deleted form 8895. When I went to edit the Schedule B, it still won't let me edit it unless I do "override" ... but if I do "override" it shows up as an error in the final check, and won't let me efile. The bug is on the QBI schedule B form itself.

Yes, this is for Schedule E Rental Income.

I've tried many different things for hours but it won't let me change Schedule B. Please advise, thanks!

I just figured it out. If you edit the information on the component, it transfers it to the 8995-A sheet, so you don't have to do the override. Thanks.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies