turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I resolve a Check This Entry error on 2023 - Wages Paid Schedule C?

Schedule C Wages for Employees is showing an error to review the amount listed. I check it and it matches what's is listed and reported on my W-3. I do not have any credits for Work Opp Cr Fm 5884 or Other Work Credits. However, once I hit continue, it does not clear the error and I am unable to file. The form stated it was to be ready on January 15, 2024. 

屏幕截图(1).png

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

79 Replies
ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

I am having the same issue when I re-created your entry. It appears the schedule C is not fully functional yet. The IRS is not accepting or processing returns until January 29, 2024. I suggest you try the entry again closer to that date.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you for reply. I figured I will have no choice but to wait. I have processed returns that have already been accepted but they did not include any that had wages on their schedule C. 

I’m currently having the same issue. Did you ever get it resolved? 

PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

Please clarify the issue you are having with Schedule C. Are you seeing an error message or are unable to e-file your return?

@Leo_903 

Schedule C Wages for Employees is showing an error to review the amount listed. I check it and it matches what's is listed and reported on my W-3. So when I click continue it won’t let me e-file and sends me to check this entry again.

PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

TurboTax programmers are currently implementing some recent IRS changes for calculating employee credits for small businesses. This form relates to all businesses with employee wages. The estimated date of release is February 13, 2024. We recommend waiting until the day after, then updating TurboTax (if using Desktop), and run Review again. The hold on Schedule C should be resolved.

@Leo_903

I am having the same issue. It keeps stopping for a review and say's "schedule c wages paid - we're updating employee credits for small businesses and farms. We should have this ready by 02/19/2024." but this date keeps changing and extending. Last time it said 2/13 and now it says 2/19. I called the IRS and they said the schedule c form is fine soooo what is the hold up @turbotax. 

Is this really going to get fixed today? It keeps pushing back the date. Now it's February 20th. Can we just put our payroll expenses under other expenses if we already e-filed W-2's so that we can actually file our taxes? This seems pretty unacceptable that it's taking this long to resolve this issue.  

PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

If you can wait for a few more days, you should be able to e-file on 2/22. Salaries and wages are expected to be reported on Line 26 of Schedule C. While you may report any expenses as "Other" on line 27a, this treatment is not technically correct.

The release dates for several forms were recently extended. The estimated date of release for forms affecting Schedule C e-file is February 21, 2024. We recommend waiting until the day after, then updating TurboTax (if using Desktop), and run Review again. The hold on Schedule C should be resolved.

@m3dlawncare

Same problem here. What forms are causing the delay?

These are the forms not updated, but I don't think the issue is due to them?

https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_fed_online_individual.html

This is getting annoying here @turbotax....same problem as everyone else in this thread. Now the date for the fix is 2/24...what's the deal? You call the IRS and there's no problem. It's turbotax not getting their acts together. 

If this date really works, that would be great. However,  a lot of people have just ditched TT for other programs. Get this fixed ASAP!

cmdublo

Now this is saying check back on 2/24/2024. Why does this issue keep getting pushed back? Every time I check back, the date is pushed back another week. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies