Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

How do I resolve a Check This Entry error on 2023 - Wages Paid Schedule C?

This is a known issue that TurboTax is working to resolve.  Additional time is needed to fix the problem.  Please file after February 24, 2024.

@cmdublo 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
GB7122

I’m so frustrated, I have every part of my taxes done except for this verification for schedule c wages. Dates went from 2/12, 2/15, 2/21, and now it’s 2/25. Are they going to fix it? Should I just go use another program? 

The resolution date changes every single day for the past 2 weeks.  Everytime it states in 7 days.  They clearly have no idea when the issue will be fixed.  I have used TT for over 15 years.  This is a major issue that seems to be ignored by TT.  I can't even get on any chat session or pose any question to them  What a shameful execution on their part.

Hi Patricia,

Since it is impossible to how a statement is being said thru text like this, please be assured it is not meant as any attack on you.

What I am curious about, is where you are seeing the information as to the release date on Feb 21st.  I have seen the date change every single day for the past 2 weeks.  I would love it if you are correct.  Thank you.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Taxpayers who are filing a Schedule C, and have an amount on line 26 will have to wait until all the forms are ready. There have been some changes in the tax law that will affect the tax return and TurboTax is working hard to provide you with a reliable product that allows you all possible deductions and credits. The current estimated date for availability of the forms is 02/28/24.

11 year tax filer here on TT.com and I find this response to be really inadequate and unacceptable. The tax code changes every year, so why is TT having trouble but no other platform is with the Schedule C? Also, it has been nearly all month that TT is supposedly working on a fix, why is it taking so long? This should be made a priority because there are a number of filers here who need the Schedule C. Of course the system doesn't tell you that there is a glitch until you get all the way to the end and are ready to file. I already paid to prepare my taxes on TT, and I am sitting in idle mode waiting to file while a programmer figures out what every other service out there has. What is the process to get the refund on the tax prep fees I paid? If this goes beyond 2/28, I will need to take my business elsewhere. 

Same. If I hadn't already paid for TT for this year I might have already jumped ship, and I've been using TT for over a decade.

@CatinaT1 , please explain why the site you all are referring everyone to to see if tax forms are available says Schedule C is available and ready for E-file, yet Turbo Tax is STILL not allowing us to E-file our taxes.   Why is it taking so long to resolve this issue.  I have working in IT for over 25 years.  There is no way we would allow an issue of this magnitude to be unresolved for so long.  As stated earlier, this is completely unacceptable. 

https://form-status.app.intuit.com/tax-forms-availability/formsavailability?albRedirect=true&product...

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

The Schedule C form is available, however if you have calculations that include line 26 there is updates being made. If you are a Schedule C taxpayer with amounts on line 26, you are affected by these updates. The current estimated date for availability is 2/28/24.

Why doesn't TT put out an email about this, may help clarify things?  Lord knows I get emails from them for everything else under the sun all year long.  That seems to me it would have been more transparent than this game of the form is ready when it is not.  To say it is ready unless you are using a particular line then it is NOT ready.   

I'm dealing with the same issue. Has anyone given up and filed with another company? I was planning to use this refund to put back into my business and I've been ready to file since January. 
TurboTax - It says "updating employee credits for small businesses and farms." - we get it that the form is "not ready" but what exactly is the update that's being waited on??? 

I just received this.  Perhaps the marketing group needs to be made aware that things are not going so great.

Screenshot 2024-02-19 101737.png

I can't see what the image is

Also, I have been searching for what the credit update could be and I can't find it. It would help to understand why we're being delayed. I like TT, keeping all of my documents in one place, I really don't want to file with another company. 

Since the photo doesn't seem to display and I can't display a screenshot without being a photo.

All tax forms are now available

Everything is ready–finish today

Tax documents importing into a laptop

We made it seamless to import your tax documents. Now, there’s nothing stopping you from filing and crossing taxes off your to-do list.

Finish your taxes

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies