How do I fix this error when entering Schedule K-1...

How do I fix this error when entering Schedule K-1 (form 1065) data: "Passive Operating Loss should not be greater than the total loss"?

I entered a value for "Ordinary business income (loss)", but TruboTax never asked me for "the total loss" or where it comes from on the K-1.  Very frustrating!

It would be helpful to have a TurboTax ".tax2019" file to diagnose your issue.  You can send us a “diagnostic” file that has your “numbers” but not your personal information.  If you would like to do this, here are the instructions:

For TurboTax Online, click the dropdown arrow next to Tax Tools on the left menu panel, then click Tools under that.  On the Tools Center pop-up, select Share my file with Agent.  When you confirm the request, you will get a box with a token number.   Reply with the token number and I’ll be able to open a TurboTax tax return with your numbers but not your personal information.  That may help diagnose the issue.

I have the same error regarding my Schedule K-1: "Passive Operating Loss should not be greater than the total loss"?

TurboTax seems to have taken my carry-over loss from 2018 ($6k) as the 'Total loss'.  My rental property has now lost more money in 2019 ($8k); which is what I entered from last year's K-1. Is there something wrong with the way TurboTax is calculating what it considers 'Total loss'?

It would be helpful to have a TurboTax ".tax2019" file to diagnose this issue.  You can send us a “diagnostic” file that has your “numbers” but not your personal information.  If you would like to do this, here are the instructions:

For TurboTax Online, click the dropdown arrow next to Tax Tools on the left menu panel, then click Tools under that.  On the Tools Center pop-up, select Share my file with Agent.  When you confirm the request, you will get a box with a token number.   Reply with the token number and I’ll be able to open a TurboTax tax return with your numbers but not your personal information.  

For TurboTax Download/CD, on your menu bar at the very top, click “Online” and then “Send Tax File to Agent”.  When you click to send, you will get a pop-up with the token number.  

@SJuser

@jerick7532

Same issue.  My token # is 700162