Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

gibgab93

How do I fill out Schedule C for Form 1099-NEC? in review it tells me to check my entry and highlights Schedule C for me to input something. I out my income, doesnt work

I add my income into the highlighted Schedule C where it says "double click to link to:" but when I press continue, it just clears out the form and says to enter it. This is all thats stopping me from filing my taxes /: I thought Turbo Tax automatically did the Schedule C for me?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies
GloriaL
Expert Alumni

How do I fill out Schedule C for Form 1099-NEC? in review it tells me to check my entry and highlights Schedule C for me to input something. I out my income, doesnt work

If your return does not include a Schedule C, then TurboTax is trying to get you to fix, this issue.

Any income reported on Form 1099-NEC is not reportable directly on your tax return. Since this type of income is considered self-employment (non-employee compensation) it must be linked to a Schedule C, even if there are no expenses being claimed. 

To add a Schedule C so your 1099-NEC can be linked:

1. Open or continue your return in TurboTax
  2. In the Search box type schedule c and click the Jump to link in the search results.
  3. Answer Yes to Did you have any self-employment income or expenses?
  4. Follow the onscreen instructions.

The information required for the Schedule C will include the type of business, the business name (or your name if there is no specific business name), the business address (or your address), etc.

arvind1948
Returning Member

How I get Schedule C  in Turbotax delux

LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

Please follow these steps in TurboTax to add your Schedule C:

1. Open your return.
  2. Search schedule c with the magnifying glass tool on the top of the page.
  3. Go to the Jump to schedule c link in the search results. 
  4. Click on Add another line of work.
  5. Follow the on-screen instructions.

It is important to note that for a Schedule C, you will have to upgrade to the Self-Employed TurboTax version. 

@arvind1948

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

To fill out the schedule C do I need to start over when i upgrade to self employed? 

AnnetteB6
Expert Alumni

No, you will not have to start over.  All of your information you have entered so far will still be there after you upgrade to a higher version of TurboTax.  

The higher version will allow you to claim your income and expenses related to your self-employment income that is reported on Schedule C.  Without being able to include your expenses, your income tax and self-employment tax will be higher.  Lower versions of TurboTax will allow you to enter Schedule C income, but not expenses.

@grandmotherslove

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

this is the last year for turbo tax... i need to fill out schedule c, and you did not tell me until the very end, after i paid for state, that i need to pay.  fool me once shame on me, you wont fool me twice.

you did not tell me i need for fork over $120 for 1099 shedule C until after I already paid for filing 2 state returns for $100..  next year is h&r block.

PS turbotax: i did not pay the $120 ransom to upgrade so that i could fill out schedule C. i did it all with H&R block... 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies