turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

swim-dr

How do I file multiple K1s when I have a value in box 1 and 2 but also values in categories D and E in box 16?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

How do I file multiple K1s when I have a value in box 1 and 2 but also values in categories D and E in box 16?

Do you have entries in box 16 L or M?
swim-dr

No, I have A B C D E and G
swim-dr

So, on the original K-1, I enter the info from Parts 1 and  2.  When I get to Part 3 (choose type of activity) I click only on business - box 1.  I report the ordinary income.  Then I get to the page where I check boxes that have an amount.  Here, I do check box 16?  But then when I get to the page to enter box 16 info. I enter only A, B, C, D, and G, leaving out 16E?  Then on the second K1, when I check the boxes that have an amount, I only check box 16?  Then, I fill in 16A again and 16E?

For the second and third K1 I skip over all pages other than for the variables you have already outlined?

Yes, the idea is that all amounts are entered only once, but in the appropriate k-1. !6A is the name of the country and should not be an issue.
swim-dr

That's great.  You have been so helpful.  Thank you for sharing your time and knowledge.

On the original K-1, delete box 2 and box 16E. Leave the remaining entries as is. This K-1 is for business ( box 1)  and passive category only.

Bring up a new K-1. Fill in Part 1. Ignore Part 2. In Part 3, insert the country in 16A and the amount into 16E. This is for general category only.

Bring up another new K-1. Fill in Part1. Ignore Part 2. In Part 3, insert the amount into box 2. This is for rental income only.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies