turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

sharonesl

How do I delete a duplicate investment sales summary form?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Here's the general procedure for deleting unwanted forms, schedules, and worksheets in TurboTax Online:

1. Open your return in TurboTax.
  2. In the  left black bar of the screen, and select Tax Tools, then Tools.
  3. In the pop-up window, select Delete a form.
  4. Click Delete next to the form/schedule/worksheet and follow the onscreen instructions.
jimh42

The message I received was to use the TOOLS tab.  There is NO TOOLS tab on my MAC.  Any idea how I get it?

Thx

jimh42

There is no TAX TOOLS that I can find on my MAC.  What am I missing?  Thx

MonikaK1
Expert Alumni

In TurboTax Desktop for Mac, you can delete a form (including forms W-2, 1098, 1099, and K-1) from the summary screen for that particular form.

To get to the investment summary screen, go to your Income tab, select choose what I'll work on, scroll down to Investment Income, and click Update next to the item you wish to change, such as "stocks..." This will get you to the Investment Summary screen. See screenshot (from a Mac):

If, for example, sales from one brokerage were entered twice, you can click on the trash can icon at the right of the line to delete the duplicated one.

Some Mac users are reporting issues with the screen size in certain areas of the program in that the button needed is not showing on the screen.

To adjust the resolution on your screen, you could try the steps on this Apple Support page:

On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Settings, then click Displays in the sidebar. (You may need to scroll down.) Select the display you want to adjust, then select the resolution you want to use. You may be able to turn on “Show all resolutions” to see additional resolutions for the display.

Depending on how you adjust the resolution, some app windows may not fit entirely on the screen. Using a scaled resolution may affect performance.

In the alternative, you could hook up a separate monitor to your Mac to see if this resolves the issue.

While it's OK to delete blank, duplicate, or irrelevant forms, we don't recommend deleting valid forms or schedules, for example, nonfinal forms or forms that won't let you e-file. Understand that deleting a form or schedule may create new, unforeseen problems before proceeding.

Mac instructions to delete a form in Forms mode

1. Open or continue your return.
  2. Switch to Forms Mode by selecting the Forms icon.
  3. From the menu, select the form you want to remove (if you don't see it, select Open Form at the top).
  4. From the Forms menu, select Remove [form name].
  5. Follow any onscreen instructions to remove the form or forms.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies