Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Redcedar
Returning Member

How can I get back to usinf schC rather than using Sch E?

Is there an answer for the above question?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

@ Redcedar wrote:
How can I get back to using sch C rather than using Sch E?

There must be more to the story.   We don't know what you are currently doing and what you want to do.  If you explain more, someone may be able to comment today.   Here are some things to address:

What have you been using Schedule E for that you now want to change to Schedule C?   What is the nature of the income and expenses you are trying to report?

You want to use Schedule C for what?   Are you a self-employed business, independent contractor, sole proprietor, single-member LLC electing Schedule C, etc?

You appear to be using Online Premier (at least that is what is displayed underneath your question.)   Online Premier can only prepare a Schedule C that has no expenses to report.   If you have Schedule C expenses to report, then in Online TurboTax that requires the Self-Employed Edition.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

@ Redcedar wrote:
How can I get back to using sch C rather than using Sch E?

There must be more to the story.   We don't know what you are currently doing and what you want to do.  If you explain more, someone may be able to comment today.   Here are some things to address:

What have you been using Schedule E for that you now want to change to Schedule C?   What is the nature of the income and expenses you are trying to report?

You want to use Schedule C for what?   Are you a self-employed business, independent contractor, sole proprietor, single-member LLC electing Schedule C, etc?

You appear to be using Online Premier (at least that is what is displayed underneath your question.)   Online Premier can only prepare a Schedule C that has no expenses to report.   If you have Schedule C expenses to report, then in Online TurboTax that requires the Self-Employed Edition.

Carl
Level 15

Why? Are you reporting rental income? Or are you self-employed reporting self-employment income? It matters.

Generally, for long term rental income you use SCH E. For self-employment income you use SCH C. You really don't get to chose.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies