turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

K1 partnership error

k1 partnership error.  I attached the page image. When I try to add a separate worksheet the program adds another k1 and many more errors.  This company reported the same info on it's 2016 k1 and I had not trouble.  Doesn't make any difference whether I import the k1 or add by hand.  How do I fix this error.

[email address removed]

Thanks

Susan

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

K1 partnership error

I had this same problem with Buckeye.  One problem is that you have both passive and general foreign income on the same K-1.  If you look at the info from BPL, you will find a sheet which breaks out foreign income by country.  You will have to fill out additional K1's for each country with passive income.  Remove the passive income from the original K-1 worksheet and add a K-l and give it a name such as Buckeye-Bermuda for instance. On that K-1 enter only the Box 16 data supplied for that particular country. TurboTax will add the data on the additional K-1's.  Go to the additional worksheet for each K-l and fill in any missing data.  Especially make sure that you fill out L and/or M telling when foreign tax was paid (use last day of year) and whether you want credit or deduction.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

K1 partnership error

I had this same problem with Buckeye.  One problem is that you have both passive and general foreign income on the same K-1.  If you look at the info from BPL, you will find a sheet which breaks out foreign income by country.  You will have to fill out additional K1's for each country with passive income.  Remove the passive income from the original K-1 worksheet and add a K-l and give it a name such as Buckeye-Bermuda for instance. On that K-1 enter only the Box 16 data supplied for that particular country. TurboTax will add the data on the additional K-1's.  Go to the additional worksheet for each K-l and fill in any missing data.  Especially make sure that you fill out L and/or M telling when foreign tax was paid (use last day of year) and whether you want credit or deduction.

K1 partnership error

Thank you.  Your answer was a great help.

K1 partnership error

Glad it helped.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies