llnws

Form 8824 Line 15

I know how the correct number for Form 8824 Line 15, but I do not know what fields to enter into the TurboTax Worksheet for it to correctly appear on Form 8824.

tagteam

Form 8824 Line 15

There is an entry field in Step-by-Step for this figure. Have you tried that?

1.png

tagteam

Form 8824 Line 15

1.png

llnws

Form 8824 Line 15

Thank you for your reply. That appears to be the right thing to do! Can you tell me where to put my aggregated depreciation for the property I relinquished?

tagteam

Form 8824 Line 15

Did you check the box to link your Schedule E with Form 8824? This should happen automatically if you do so.

llnws

Form 8824 Line 15

It looks like it is linked. I have the property listed on the line under A Schedule E Worksheet. I double click it and it takes me to Schedule E for the relinquished property.  When I add up all my depreciation in past tax returns for the relinquished property I calculate a little over $41K total. I thought I had to subtract that somewhere. I see a Deductible rental real estate loss of -10,392.