Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

For my LLC - do I deduct state licensing and filing fees (e.g. Secretary of State's Office) on Line-14 of Form 1065, or do I include it with Other Deductions on line-20?

The title for line-14 is "taxes and licenses", but all of the examples are taxes.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MichaelMc

For my LLC - do I deduct state licensing and filing fees (e.g. Secretary of State's Office) on Line-14 of Form 1065, or do I include it with Other Deductions on line-20?

Yes, your licensing and filing fees, paid at any level of government (state, county, city or township, etc) should properly be reported on line 14 of Form 1065.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MichaelMc

Yes, your licensing and filing fees, paid at any level of government (state, county, city or township, etc) should properly be reported on line 14 of Form 1065.

Thank you for the quick answer!

@MichaelMc   thanks..... but what about if I have a simple partnership LLC for a real estate rental unit?

im confused because it seems im supposed to put all my incomes/expenses in form 8825 and then put the net on 1065 line 2.          

if I put the state lic fee on 1065 page 1 ,then my ord business income (line 22)  is going to be a small negative number?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies