Solved: For a trust return what is a schedule g and where do I find it? It is referred to on the 1041 line 23 which reads Total Tax (from Schedule G, line 7)

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lynnmfisher

For a trust return what is a schedule g and where do I find it? It is referred to on the 1041 line 23 which reads Total Tax (from Schedule G, line 7)

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
tagteam
Level 15

For a trust return what is a schedule g and where do I find it? It is referred to on the 1041 line 23 which reads Total Tax (from Schedule G, line 7)

"For a trust return what is a schedule g and where do I find it?"

That is the tax computations section located on page 2 of your 1041. In TurboTax Business, enter Forms Mode, open your 1041 under Forms in My Return, and scroll down the form to Schedule G (see screenshot).

View solution in original post

4 Replies
tagteam
Level 15

"For a trust return what is a schedule g and where do I find it?"

That is the tax computations section located on page 2 of your 1041. In TurboTax Business, enter Forms Mode, open your 1041 under Forms in My Return, and scroll down the form to Schedule G (see screenshot).

View solution in original post

tdicomes
Level 2

I don't see it in my schedules for the 1041 in forms mode.   Schedule G is a worksheet included in the instructions for form 1041, on page 31, though. 

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1041.pdf

tagteam
Level 15

@tdicomes wrote:

I don't see it in my schedules for the 1041 in forms mode.   

It is on page 2 of the actual Form 1041.

schG.png

tdicomes
Level 2

Thank you!

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings