For a LLC with me and a partner, do we both need t...

digitaltaxation

For a LLC with me and a partner, do we both need to file a Form 7004 to extend the Form 1065?

I have an LLC with a partner and I was trying to file a Form 7004 extension through e-filing. Do only one of us need to file it or do we both have to submit one? Additionally, for the address reported on the Form 7004, if I have moved away from the address associated with the formation of the LLC and can no longer get mail there, should I put my current address or should I put the official address still?

tagteam

You only need one 7004 for the LLC and use your current address. 

Note: If the entity’s mailing address has changed since you filed your last return, use Form 8822, Change of Address, or Form 8822-B, Change of Address or Responsible Party—Business, to notify the IRS of the change. A new address shown on Form 7004 will not update your record.

MinhT1

Form 7004 is filed in the name of the LLC using the EIN for the LLC. The address should be the registered office address of the LLC