turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Entering Members of LLC

Im currently using the TurboTax Small Business to do our LLC taxes.  We have two owners.  It doesn't show any members.  When I enter the first member, everything works fine.  When I go to enter my partner who is a member, it tells me there must be a change to business ownership which there isn't.  We're the same owners as previous years and the partnership is still 50/50.  Do I just check there's been a change even though it's wrong so I can move on or how do I fix this issue?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Entering Members of LLC

Yes, and then transfer your 2018 return in the 2019 version of TurboTax Business. 

It should be fairly straightforward and should work just fine.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Entering Members of LLC

There was an issue with transferred business returns in some instances. The issue appears to be concentrated in the 2018 returns. Somehow, it was indicated that one or more partners/members left the partnership/LLC or the partnership ended in 2018. Therefore, the 2018 return needs to be checked for errors in that regard.

You can also contact Support (link below) for further information.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

Entering Members of LLC

On the About Your Business page the first question is:

This partnership is filing its final return because it was closed by the end of year.

Apparently we marked "Yes" by accident.  Do we just go back into 2018 and refile with the corrected answer?

Entering Members of LLC

Yes, and then transfer your 2018 return in the 2019 version of TurboTax Business. 

It should be fairly straightforward and should work just fine.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies