turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

E-File Issue

Trying to e-file and I keep getting this message: 

Window 1 - "Let's make sure everything is accurate. We're close to finishing up to e-file. But we found a couple little things on your federal return that need fixing. Let's take care of these now.

If you're not able to fix these issues, you will return to this screen and you can print the return by selecting File by Mail."

Then I click Fix Federal Return and Window 2 shows this:

"Schedule C (Retail): Wages Paid Schedule C -We're updating employee credits for small businesses and farms. We should have this ready by 02/19/2024-please check back with us then..

Wages Paid Schedule C _______"

///////

The wages are correct and I keep clicking continue and it brings me back to window 1

"Let's make sure everything is accurate. We're close to finishing up to e-file. But we found a couple little things on your federal return that need fixing. Let's take care of these now. If you're not able to fix these issues, you will return to this screen and you can print the return by selecting File by Mail."

Using Turbo Tax Premium Online

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

E-File Issue

Your Schedule C may be held up by the release of Form 8881, Employee Credits for Small Businesses and Farms, which is due on February 21, 2024, and applies to any business reporting wages. Update your software the next day (if using TurboTax for Desktop), run Review again. The forms hold should be released.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

16 Replies

E-File Issue

Screenshot 2024-02-12 at 4.09.55 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-02-12 at 4.13.03 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-02-12 at 4.10.19 PM.png

PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

E-File Issue

Your Schedule C may be held up by the release of Form 8881, Employee Credits for Small Businesses and Farms, which is due on February 21, 2024, and applies to any business reporting wages. Update your software the next day (if using TurboTax for Desktop), run Review again. The forms hold should be released.

E-File Issue

Thank you! Just wondering, why the delay? We have not experienced this the past few years. 

E-File Issue

The issue has not been solved as of today (2/16/24)

E-File Issue

As of 2/17/24 I received the same error, now it says "We should have this ready by 2/24/24"

Although the error regarding Form 7206, self employed insurance (not being able to e-file) has now been removed.

E-File Issue

Any idea when this gets fixed?   Still having issues.  Thanks.

E-File Issue

Same issue. Anyone know when this will be resolved? They keep pushing the date and now its showing 3/2/24 to be resolved. so inconvenient.

E-File Issue

Any idea why it's still delayed?

MonikaK1
Expert Alumni

E-File Issue

The latest update we have as of today is that Form 8881 should become available on March 6, 2023. 

The TurboTax forms availability tool provides the company's best estimate of the date the forms will be ready to use in the program. Programmers need to update TurboTax every time the IRS or a state agency updates a form.

E-File Issue

This date keeps moving. This is unacceptable.

E-File Issue

I’ll be going to H&R. This is ridiculous. 

E-File Issue

Can anyone confirm that this isn't a problem at HR Block? I'm thinking about jumping ship because they keep pushing the date. Now March 2nd

E-File Issue

I did the exact same thing and filed with H&R Block yesterday. Both my federal and state has been approved. Seems only Turbo Tax has this issue. 

E-File Issue

What was your cost at H&R, hundreds of dollars? and did you just print your forms off of turbo tax and take with you?  I'm not sure I would trust someone at HR to do my taxes lol

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies