turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

austindan
Returning Member

Do I add sale/basis info in 2nd K-1 w multiple boxes? TT asks for it on the final review and adding it in seems to dbl my taxes.

I understand I need to have separate (form 1065) K-1s for each of boxes 1, 2, or 3.  I have 1 and 2.  The first K-1 has all boxes but box 2, and the 2nd has only box 2.  Even with checking only box 2 in the 2nd K-1, it asks again about the sale and basis info in the 2nd one as well, and seems to dbl the taxes.  What is the right breakdown to include in the first and 2nd K-1s without redundant entries and tax?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
Carl
Level 15

Do I add sale/basis info in 2nd K-1 w multiple boxes? TT asks for it on the final review and adding it in seems to dbl my taxes.

What's a K-2? Some kind of state form for some state you forgot to mention maybe? Or did you mean to type K-1? If the latter, then what kind of K-1? A 1065 K-1? Or an 1120-S K-1? It matters, because they are not the same when it comes to line numbering.

austindan
Returning Member

Carl, thank you for your clarifying question regarding the K-1 (I wrote K-2, it's a type of snow ski I used to have... so much for doing taxes in the early hours of the morning!)  It's a K-1 form 1065.  

I appreciate your help!

Dan

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies