turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mamafitz2

Delete K-1 partnership form?

I can not submit my taxes because of a K-1 partnership form that I started by mistake, it has no information and II am unable to delete it. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies
Cindy0H

There are two ways to delete it. If you delete just the Schedule K-1, it will regenerate if associated worksheets are still in the return.

1. Go to Federal...Income...Business Investments...K1...update..partnership..update....Delete

2. Delete the form:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3434007

Your method no longer works for 2022. Need another way, will not let me efile!!!!

JamesG1
Expert Alumni

In TurboTax Online, you are able to remove the form by:

• Down the left side of the screen, click on Tax Tools.
  • Click on Tools.
  • Click on Delete a form.
  • Find the form listed and click Delete to the right.

However, if the form re-generates, that means that there is an entry in the software that needs to be removed or changed.

If this is the case, return back to the point in the software where the questions that populate the form are asked.

@Bob19431 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

NOT online, PREMIER DESKTOP. Cannot find a way/place to delete the K1 and the program will not let me file my return without K1 info. If there is an easy way to do this I am missing it! I went in to the Forms and deleted the entire K1, it showed up again and blocked me from filing. PLEASE, I need to get rid of this so I can finish filing!

JamesG1
Expert Alumni

However, if the form re-generates, that means that there is an entry in the software that needs to be removed or changed.  If this is the case, return back to the point in the software where the questions that populate the form are asked.

Follow these steps:

• In Premier Desktop, navigate to Federal Taxes / Wages & Income / 2022 Income Summary / Business Items / Schedules K-1.
  • Click Update to the right.
  • Do you want to review Schedules K-1?  Select Yes.
  • Select Update to the right.
  • At the screen K-1 Summary select Delete to the right.

@Bob19431 

SUCCESS!!!! Thank you very much. As many times as I went through the return I don't know how I missed that step, but I did. Worked like a charm, everything filed. If I could give you a dozen thumbs-ups I would!

rz9521

I am using Desktop Mac version Home & Business, and I have tried to delete the K-1 this way, it won't work. It keeps on asking me for the Partnership information. I cannot find the tools to delete the k-1 form either. I am stuck here and can not file my tax. Pls help!

AnnetteB6
Employee Tax Expert

You may need to enter some 'fake' information into the partnership name, address, etc. section in order to move forward and see it on the K-1 Summary page.  If you enter the general information and skip all other entries, you should get to the summary page where it can be deleted as described above.  

If that does not work, try going to Forms (upper left corner of the MAC screen, upper right corner for Windows).  Then, select the K-1 from the left side panel and click Delete at the bottom of the page.

@rz9521 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies