turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Change filing method from efile to mail - 2021 turbotax business downloaded version

I have looked for how to change filing method and can only find an answer for Turbotax Online.  I have Turbotax Busines 2021 CD/Download version.

I originally selected to efile an estate 1041, never was able to file it due to additional requirements, and now have to change to mail.  When I go to the' file my return' tab and select 'file by mail' then 'print return to mail' - the printed return has efile instructions. 

Also when I check errors  I get errors for not having entries required to efile.

How do I change to file by mail?  I have not efiled the return.

Update:

I think I figured out my problem.  But not my solution. 

This is a short year return 1/1/22-8/31/22.  I completed a return for 2021 tax year and am now using 2021 turbotax business to complete the short 2022 return.  I had no "previous year" file to load because I am still using 2021 and the previous file is 2021 file.  So I just copied the 2021 file to a different name and started the 2022 short return with it  and changed the data.  The 2021 year taxes were efiled so the 'return accepted' is also included in the file I copied even though the current file has not been filed at all.   I can not seem to delete the efile information from the filing of the original 2021 return.

I don't know if when I select  print the forms to be mailed  I am actually getting the correct forms since the efile directions come with it.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Change filing method from efile to mail - 2021 turbotax business downloaded version

The forms to mail in and the forms to be efiled are exactly the same ... switch to the FORMS mode and see if you can remove the efile information otherwise just use the PRINT CENTER to get the set of forms required for mailing. 

Thank You.  The efile information form can not be deleted, but I know what address to mail to and as long as the forms are the same I am fine.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies