donna6257

Cash contributed by LLC partners this first year not showing up on K1 Part II Section L using TT Business

This is the first year LLC partnership, I used the Turbo Tax Business to create the K1's. The 3 partners contributed $20,000 in cash each to start and the amount is not in Part II Section L of the K1 for the partners under 'Capital contributed during the year. Is there some other variable as to why it is not on the K1? Is this a problem?

donna6257

I reviewed the Form 1065 Schedule K-1 worksheet and the 'Contribution - Cash' line item has the amount of cash contributed under the 'Capital' and 'Basis' columns for each of the 3 partners. And the Total Cash Contributed at the bottom of the form is the total for all 3 so I'm confused as to why it would not appear on the actual K-1's as "Capital contributed during the year' in Part II Line L
Rick19744

Take a look at how you responded to the partnership return Schedule B question 6.  I believe if you responded "yes" then the software will assume you are not completing the balance sheet and as a result item L on the K-1 will not be populated either.

*A reminder that posts in a forum such as this do not constitute tax advice.*