Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can I enter K-1 data from an MLP in the K-1 Box 20 with multiple Code Z's, 20Z1, 20Z2, 20Z3, 20Z4?

The supplemental statement from Enterprise Products Partners MLP Box 20 lists, among other things, the following for codes/descriptions/amounts:

20Z1 "Gross receipts for UBTI"  2191

20Z2 "Gross deductions for UBTI"  3021

20Z3 "Bonus depreciation adjustment for most nonconforming states"  395

20Z4 "Nontaxable adjustment to capital amount"  0

What/where is the correct way to enter this info in TT Premier?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Can I enter K-1 data from an MLP in the K-1 Box 20 with multiple Code Z's, 20Z1, 20Z2, 20Z3, 20Z4?

If you enter code Z in the interview, you'll be taken to a supplemental screen where you can type in each description and amount.  However, this isn't necessary for filing -- the 20Z information is additional data that affects some, but not all, filers.  TT doesn't do anything with it except provide you a place to type it in.

You'll want to determine if you need any of that data for your own filing purposes (e.g., bonus depreciation is needed for the state returns of anyone living in nonconforming states), and then you'd determine how to use it.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Note also, I'm not a Tax Preparer/CPA. Just a volunteer, seasoned, TurboTax user.
Use any advice accordingly!

View solution in original post

2 Replies

If you enter code Z in the interview, you'll be taken to a supplemental screen where you can type in each description and amount.  However, this isn't necessary for filing -- the 20Z information is additional data that affects some, but not all, filers.  TT doesn't do anything with it except provide you a place to type it in.

You'll want to determine if you need any of that data for your own filing purposes (e.g., bonus depreciation is needed for the state returns of anyone living in nonconforming states), and then you'd determine how to use it.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Note also, I'm not a Tax Preparer/CPA. Just a volunteer, seasoned, TurboTax user.
Use any advice accordingly!

Thank you.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies