Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

As a sole-proprietorship, how do you "fix" Form 1099-MISC and enter the correct EIN? My SS is not working.

Also, I was told that my EIN is the same as my SS, but it's not working.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
LeonardS
Expert Alumni

As a sole-proprietorship, how do you "fix" Form 1099-MISC and enter the correct EIN? My SS is not working.

Are you trying to "fix" a 1099-MISC you received or one you issued?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I had a sole-proprietorship and I’m just using TurboTax to try and pay my taxes for 2019, so received I’m guessing? Before I can continue to set up payment for the taxes its saying that I just fix this form by entering in my EIN, but the only EIN I had was my SS, which is not working for some reason. 

MaryK4
Expert Alumni

If you did not receive 1099-MISCs, you will want to enter your business income under General Income.  The EIN they are asking for is whoever issued you the 1099-MISC.

@misterjc0612

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Carl
Level 15

so received I’m guessing?

Guessing? Who or what entity did you receive a 1099-MISC from? You can't guess on this.

Additionally, if you are a sole-proprietorship or single member LLC then under no circumstances will you issue yourself any type of tax reporting document. There are no exceptions to this.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies