turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I report LLC info? In 17 & 1st 1/2 of 18, she worked for others & received 1099. Started LLC in 18 and does same business. How and where do I enter this info?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
Cindy0H

How do I report LLC info? In 17 & 1st 1/2 of 18, she worked for others & received 1099. Started LLC in 18 and does same business. How and where do I enter this info?

A single member LLC can be entered as self-employment. The great thing about self-employment you can deduct your expenses which can lower your taxable income.

A single member LLC is a disregarded organization by the IRS.  This means that all income and expenses get reported on Schedule C of your individual tax return. When using Turbo Tax, use either Turbo Tax Self Employed (online) or Turbo Tax Home and Business (desktop software).  

You will enter your business information under the Business tab of the program.  There is a section to enter the general information about the business and then there sections for both income and expense.  The program will generate a Schedule C which is included in your individual tax return.

A multi-member LLC must file it’s own tax return. The IRS treats an LLC as a partnership.  This means that the LLC’s income and expenses are distributed to the members using a Form K-1. This is completed on a completely differnt program called TurboTax Business. It is not an online program.

If you have other questions about this, ask in the comment section below.

How do I handle the fact that she was 1099 for 4 months then under her own LLC for next 8 months?  Do I need two separate entries in Income section or just one?  Will it ask me to enter 1099 and also separately ask for the direct income received as LLC?
Cindy0H

Either way works. I like doing two just to be organized. It will all go into one number.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies