Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

2021 Form 1120 efile

Why is 2021 Form 1120 not being accepted yet?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

2021 Form 1120 efile

The IRS is not accepting any type of 2021 tax return until on and after January 24, 2022.

View solution in original post

20 Replies

2021 Form 1120 efile

Were you able to e-file? 

You should be able to e-file your 1120 unless there is a form in the package that is not ready to be filed.

2021 Form 1120 efile

The IRS is not accepting any type of 2021 tax return until on and after January 24, 2022.

2021 Form 1120 efile

No. Although the TurboTax "Federal Corporations Form Availability" form says that all forms are available I continue to get the error message" The Intuit Electronic Filing Center is not yet accepting returns for 2021

2021 Form 1120 efile

Got it. Thank you...

2021 Form 1120 efile

@DoninGA wrote:

The IRS has been accepting business entity returns since January 7th.   Maybe it is a TurboTax limitation?

2021 Form 1120 efile

@AmeliesUncle wrote:
The IRS has been accepting business entity returns since January 7th.   Maybe it is a TurboTax limitation?

It must be.

2021 Form 1120 efile

The error message I receive says "The Intuit Electronic Filing Center is not yet accepting returns for 2021", so I guess that must be the case. Is this normal for Intuit to be this far behind the 8-ball?

2021 Form 1120 efile

@Kennyboss wrote:

Is this normal for Intuit to be this far behind the 8-ball?

Pretty much so.  There are a few forms that are fairly common that the developers say won't be ready until mid-March.  Apparently Intuit doesn't understand when tax season starts.

2021 Form 1120 efile

No reason the forms are not finalized except that INTUIT is slow.  You can efile and they wait in a cue if all forms are finalized.  I have done that for 4 personal returns already.  They will be approved tomorrow.  Business forms should be finalized...they are done on IRS.gov so it is just a matter of INTUIT dragging their feet

2021 Form 1120 efile

Yes, they accept but don't approve.  This is an INTUIT problem

BLP2
Level 2

2021 Form 1120 efile

Today is the 24th and I'm still not able to file. TT for Business Download says form 1120-S is not available, and it has no date for availability. I called and after a long while of searching my CS rep found on IRS.gov that the form should be available 1/26. Fingers crossed that that will actually be the case. 

BLP2
Level 2

2021 Form 1120 efile

Still not able to file. TT Business for S Corp says from 1120S is not final and there is no date. 

2021 Form 1120 efile

I pulled up the return this morning (1/24) at bout 10:20 AM EST and e-filed it with no problem. I received a confirmation email in a few moments and then received a "your return has been accepted by the IRS" notice email about 15 minutes later. (I've never had one turn around that fast 😉 If you have not been able to do this, try updating your copy of TurboTax with the latest updates and that may do the trick. Best of luck...

BLP2
Level 2

2021 Form 1120 efile

Hi Kenny - I'm still unable to file my taxes. They are done, no errors come up. When I go to e-file though I get tis message: 
FORM                                 AVAILABLE TO FILE BY MAIL    AVAILABLE TO E-FILE
Form 1120S S Corps
Form 8453-S                       Ready Soon                                Cannot E-File
Declaration for an IRS e-file Return

Any advice? This is a simple declaration form.... Super Frustrated

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies