turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jmarnold
Returning Member

How do I go about getting a copy of previous years tax return from Turbo?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

Your previous returns are in Your tax returns & documents on Tax Home (the first screen when you sign in).

1. Select Show next to Your tax returns & documents.
  2. Under 2017, select Download/print return, choose why you need the copy, then select Download my return if you need to print a copy.

For more information please click the link below.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5574744

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

5 Replies
ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

Your previous returns are in Your tax returns & documents on Tax Home (the first screen when you sign in).

1. Select Show next to Your tax returns & documents.
  2. Under 2017, select Download/print return, choose why you need the copy, then select Download my return if you need to print a copy.

For more information please click the link below.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5574744

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
phinni

I have used Turbo Tax for years and have never had a problem accessing a prior year return until this year.  Turbo Tax says I have to upgrade tp "Plus" service to get a copy of my 2014 return which I need to resolve tax issues from that year with IRS. This is in tandem with filing my 2018 returns which needs to wait until the 2014 issue is handled.  What the heck do I have to pay extra for to get a copy of a past return which was paid for - Premier Service!?!  So angry right now.

@phinni 

Sorry--the system is presently in transition from 2018 to 2019.  The change will not be complete until sometime in early December.  Until then you cannot get PLUS.  Not sure why you think you cannot file your 2018 return--it is too late to e-file a 2018 return, so it has to be printed, signed and mailed.

Even if you paid for Premier for the 2014 return, TurboTax does not store you return for free forever, so you should always print out a copy for yourself, and save it as a tax file and a pdf before mid-October every year, so that you can access the return(s) when you need to. 

Contact customer support to see if there is any way they can help you get to your 2014 returns.

To call TurboTax customer support

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

They are available from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday - Friday Pacific time.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
anierenberg1947
Returning Member

I have used Turbo Tax for years and need a copy of the 2005 tax returns but my recent Turbo Tax software won't open this return since it is so old.  Can you help me access my tax record.  Ann [phone number removed]  [email address removed]

@anierenberg1947 Recent TT software cannot open a tax file from 2005.   We have heard that some folks are able to use this:

https://www.taxprinter.com/

This is a non-TurboTax site, so use it at your own risk---and it is not cheap.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies