Solved: You should know if you claimed the earned income c...

How do I know if I have to wait to get my money until mid February because of the PATH act? Will turbo tax or the irs notify my?

If you are claiming the Earned Income Credit or the Additional Child Tax Credit, you will have to wait to get your money until mid-February because of the PATH act.

You will not be notified directly, but if your return contains either of these credits, you can track its status at the IRS Where's My Refund site starting in late February.

You should know if you claimed the earned income credit or the child tax credit. If you did then yes, PATH will apply to you as well. It isn't just a select few, it is everyone who claims these credits unfortunately.