turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbotax estimated I get my return today. I checked IRS and saw that you cant get returns before mid feb if you file earned income tax credit. Turbo should disclose this

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Turbotax estimated I get my return today. I checked IRS and saw that you cant get returns before mid feb if you file earned income tax credit. Turbo should disclose this

You can check the status of your refund with the IRS where's my refund tool to see when they will release your refund. Turbotax only provides an estimated date, not a guaranteed date.  https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3288568

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

2 Replies

You can check the status of your refund with the IRS where's my refund tool to see when they will release your refund. Turbotax only provides an estimated date, not a guaranteed date.  https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3288568

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

You missed my point completely. Turbotax did not let me know about the new tax law that prevents me from getting my return before mid feb if I file the earned income tax credit.  I might not have bothered w it if it was going to delay it for 2 weeks, but outdated TurboTax did not give me the choice.  They didn’t even know about the change.  Would not recommend software that does not know about the new tax laws.  Disappointed.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies