Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

winstoncm

I need to amend a 1040EZ line 5 to check the "You" box and delete the $10,350, how do I do that in Turbo Tax?

I need to submit a 1040X for my dependent daughter who is in college and I provide for her. I need to amend line 5 to check the "You" box and delete the $10,350. How do I do that in Turbo Tax?"
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MiriamF
Intuit Alumni

I need to amend a 1040EZ line 5 to check the "You" box and delete the $10,350, how do I do that in Turbo Tax?

You can change your daughter's status to "dependent" under the Personal Info section.

When you file your amended return, in order to report that you were a dependent, follow these steps: 

1.       Open your TurboTax return. 

2.       Select the Personal Info tab. 

3.       Click the Edit icon beside your daughter's name. 

4.       Scroll down the page to item 3. A few other things we need to know.  Check Yes beside someone else can claim me as a dependent on their tax return. (See the screenshot below.) 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MiriamF
Intuit Alumni

You can change your daughter's status to "dependent" under the Personal Info section.

When you file your amended return, in order to report that you were a dependent, follow these steps: 

1.       Open your TurboTax return. 

2.       Select the Personal Info tab. 

3.       Click the Edit icon beside your daughter's name. 

4.       Scroll down the page to item 3. A few other things we need to know.  Check Yes beside someone else can claim me as a dependent on their tax return. (See the screenshot below.) 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies