turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If someone else prepares my 2018 return, can I later enter the info with turbotax? Just this one year, I'm having to use local preparer, and will be back next year.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

If someone else prepares my 2018 return, can I later enter the info with turbotax? Just this one year, I'm having to use local preparer, and will be back next year.

Yes, you will need to go through and enter all the information like you were using TurboTax then file by using print and mail.  Just don't print or mail it.  This will make the program think you filed with TurboTax for next year so your info will be transferred. 

Also, depending on the reason you need live help this year, TurboTax is offering live help where you can do your taxes with a real CPA or EA. 

https://turbotax.intuit.com/lp/ty18/ppc/temp_1.htm?znA=c3Y3qCiUY&znP=ps-cmp&tab=live&znC3=crs-scl&sr...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Yes, you will need to go through and enter all the information like you were using TurboTax then file by using print and mail.  Just don't print or mail it.  This will make the program think you filed with TurboTax for next year so your info will be transferred. 

Also, depending on the reason you need live help this year, TurboTax is offering live help where you can do your taxes with a real CPA or EA. 

https://turbotax.intuit.com/lp/ty18/ppc/temp_1.htm?znA=c3Y3qCiUY&znP=ps-cmp&tab=live&znC3=crs-scl&sr...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies