Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Is there a way to find the depreciation schedule from a previous years tax return?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

Is there a way to find the depreciation schedule from a previous years tax return?

Yes, if you filed your tax return with TurboTax last year, you will find this report as part of your complete tax return (PDF).

TurboTax creates a worksheet called "Form 4562 Depreciation and Amortization Report" that is included with your tax return (see screenshot below - click to enlarge). This is a TurboTax worksheet, not an IRS form, that prints when you download your entire return as a PDF file. Most other tax preparation software & services produce a similar report.

The total of current and prior depreciation for each asset is the accumulated depreciation for the year. 

If you need help obtaining a complete copy of your return, see How do I get a copy of a return I filed in TurboTax Online?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
wesmil

This report is not showing up in my past years returns yet I have had depreciation every year. Please help me find it.
afalconer

Hi @PatriciaV,

Your post doesn't currently include an attached screenshot, and like @wesmil, the "Form 4562 Depreciation and Amortization Report" you mention is missing from my downloaded return as well.

Where do we go from here?

kzaigha
Returning Member

Same here. I switched from online to desktop version this year. Imported 2018 tax pdf file to 2019 desktop version. I can see, it did not populate as much information from previous year as online version has. Got stuck at depreciation of rental property. The onliine version had all the history, but the desktop version now needs all info again: date purchased, land value, etc. Now I need to provide accumulated depreciation, but can't find. The 2018 tax pdf file does not have FORM-4562, only state IL-4562 which is special Depreciation

I would like my 2019 Form 4562 Depreciation and  Amortization Report.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see How do I access a prior year return? for assistance with downloading/printing a copy of your 2019 tax return.

@tatorplus4

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies