Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

wrong amount on 3rd stimuluts what to do ?

Our EIR just hit our account and its 5,600 instead of 7,000, meaning one of our dependents was not counted in. I noted that IRS did an update on my bank account based on i already got state and 3rd stimulus, but when i log onto IRS it still uses my old address. does anyone know what it means? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

wrong amount on 3rd stimuluts what to do ?

Ok ... first the IRS doesn't send out state refunds ... only the state does that.

Next ... if the 2020 return has not been fully processed yet the address has not been updated yet in the federal system  so the 3rd stimulus was sent out based on the 2019 info they had so they did not send for the one child.

Now ... will the IRS send the missing stimulus money when they do process the return ?  If last year taught us anything is that the answer is maybe  but maybe not.   If you don't get the missing stimulus money in advance then it will be a credit on the 2021 return you will file next year  just like the first 2 payments were caught up on the 2020 return.  So all you can do is wait patiently while the understaffed IRS tries to do more again with less.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies