turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Would let me e-file

• TurboTax would not let me e-file because I was after the filing. I don't have a printer so I'll need to find one print and mail my taxes. payment out all my checking account but now I can't get into my account to see if my taxes were ready to print
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Would let me e-file

You have to sign onto your 2019 online account using the exact same User ID you used to create the online account.

Close all TurboTax windows on your web browser (including this one).  Copy and paste the account recovery website link onto a new web browser window and run the tool.

Use this TurboTax account recovery website to get a list of all the User ID's for an email address.  Run the tool against any email addresses you may have used - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery

If none of the user ID's received will access your 2019 account, then use the option shown in blue on the account recovery website, "Try something else"

If you used the desktop CD/Download editions installed on your computer, the only copy of your tax data file and any PDF's will be on the computer where the return was created.  TurboTax does not store online any returns completed using the desktop editions.

To access your current or prior year tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF)

The complete federal and state tax returns for 2019 along with all worksheets and information only pages will not be available in the PDF download until the online editions for tax year 2020 become available in early December.

This occurs each tax year after the prior year online editions shut down at the end of October.  It is always a good idea to download a PDF of your tax return after it has been accepted by the IRS along with the tax data file (.tax)

Would let me e-file

When you mail in a return the payment needs to be sent with the paper return ... the option to debit out of your account can only be done by using the IRS web site at this late date.   www.IRS.gov/payments

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies