slosborne1

Will the IRS tell me if I need to amend my return if I qualify for more deductions with the unemployment tax break?

Do I need to recalculate my 2020 taxes myself to see if I need to amend my taxes for additional tax breaks?

When the IRS corrects for the unemployment exclusion  they will only adjust items already on the return.   If the exclusion now makes you eligible for a credit not on the original return then YOU are responsible for filing an amended return. 

BEFORE you do anything make sure to save a PDF  &  .taxfile of the filed return for safekeeping  and only then click on the amendment option.  

Mike9241

you'll need to amend if certain credits were not on the original return or even if you can now itemize yo deductions when you used the standard deduction on the original. The IRS doesn't know about things not reported.