turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Will my stimulus check go on my turbo card even though i had fees and a advance?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

Will my stimulus check go on my turbo card even though i had fees and a advance?

Turbo Card and Stimulus Deposits - What you need to know

The IRS is sending stimulus payments to eligible taxpayers who filed a tax return in either 2019 or 2018 and chose direct deposit, and is depositing some stimulus payments onto prepaid debit cards for filers that chose to receive their refund through that method.

For the majority of prepaid debit card holders there is nothing more to do as the stimulus payment will be deposited to their account. If your customer no longer has access to their debit card, we encourage them to visit https://turbodebitcard.intuit.com for assistance by logging in to their account, or using the Self Help available.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

So if I am decyphering the TurboTax answer correctly, it is saying that even if we got the Refund Advance, we will have our stimulus funds direct deposited to our TurboCards. Hallelujah

I hope I am understanding that correctly.

I've been looking for this answer for days... 😵

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

We have not yet received confirmation from the IRS on whether they will be putting stimulus payments on prepaid debit cards.  However, we have noticed that the IRS has started depositing stimulus payments on some prepaid debit cards for taxpayers that chose to receive their refund through that method in tax year 2019 or 2018. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

John, Well as far as consistency goes, you guys over at TT have only been consistent at one thing so far: Inconsistent Answers!

Every other answer seems to be contradicting information.

What the heck is really going on with this??? So now you are saying that what the previous TT answer said is not correct, and stating that TT STILL doesn't know the answer on it yet??

Because I'm thoroughly confused now.

DnJsnow
Returning Member

I dont think so 😕 I checked the IRS get my payment. And the last 4 digits of the routing number they said they sent it to does not match up to the last 4 digits of the routing number of my turbo card account (despite the turbo card account number matching whats on my 1040 form) So I do not know whats going fo happen but its not lookong good for those of us that got advanves or fees taken out. Turbo Tax really should have cared more ablut there customers and worked with the IRS to get this figured out. They will be losing a TON of cusyomers because of this

Yeah, I have a feeling that TurboTax is gonna be feeling it next tax season... I know that a lot of ppl are done using them after this "fumble" to put it lightly!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies