Solved: Will my refund be delayed if I put wrong address d...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrayp51

Will my refund be delayed if I put wrong address down even though it's direct deposit?

I moved at the end of 2020. I did a change of address to my new residence. If the IRS didn't receive the information, could that hold up my refund, even though it's direct deposit?
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
xmasbaby0
Level 15

Will my refund be delayed if I put wrong address down even though it's direct deposit?

If your banking information is correct, it should not hold up your deposit.   If you entered wrong banking information and an incorrect address then you will have a problem for sure.  Make sure you have put in a mail forwarding request with the post office.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

View solution in original post

2 Replies
xmasbaby0
Level 15

If your banking information is correct, it should not hold up your deposit.   If you entered wrong banking information and an incorrect address then you will have a problem for sure.  Make sure you have put in a mail forwarding request with the post office.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

View solution in original post

mrayp51

Banking info correct. Received State refund 3/17. Thank you.

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings